Some Dos and Don’ts for XAT 2012
- Work out on as many sample tests as possible. This will give you an idea of your strengths and weakness.
- Start the paper from the section which you consider to be your forte.
- Time management is a crucial part for XAT preparation as there is no sectional time limit.
- XAT is full of surprise elements, so be prepared for changes in the paper pattern at regular intevals.
- Strategy is the key to success in the XAT exam. Plan out things well in advance to avoid stress or tension at the last moment.
- The penalty for negative marking in XAT is very heavy, so any wild guesses will certainly ruin your chances to get through the exam.
- Be a versatile player, lay equal emphasis on every section. There are no sectional cutoffs, so it does not mean that you can leave out any section altogether.
- Essay paper should not be taken lightly. It will prove decisive in your GD and PI round.
- Don’t panic while giving the exam. More than being a test of your knowledge base, it’s a test of how you handle pressure.